Monday, July 25, 2011

So I'm Going to Actually Start doing this...

Today is suppose to be our day off.  But I have a lot of work that I need to get done for my non profit called www.spend10.org.  Everything is really moving along with it today.  It just sometimes makes me sad thinking I had to start a non profit because some fathers have just dropped the ball in the lives of their kids.
For the people that don't know what spend10.org is, it's  a non profit group I founded this year during my church (thefamilychurch.cc) serve week.  I saw a need in our world and I would say community but that is just a start.  So I then started spend10.org so it could bring awareness of the need for fathers and even single men to step up and invest 10 minutes, or 10 hours or even 10 dollars in the life of a young man around them.
One day I don't want to stand before God and have Him say "you did this good and this good, but were you too busying playing video games or doing your own thing to invest in the life of a young man that truly needed you?"  I don't want to be looked at as the "selfish one" but the "selfless one..." 
This whole journey truly has been a test of faith  for me since I have to ask for donations and ask for volunteers.  God has truly blessed this non profit  and there is no way I would be able to do this without Him. 
This is something I have never done before, but every time I do something with spend10 I am trusting in God. 
I thank God for entrusting me with this.  What an honor.  I can only imagine what He has in store for spend10 and the young men and the influences that join and help. 

1 comment:

  1. Good job... I know Jake had fun volunteering for the Blue Bayou event... please post pictures...

    ReplyDelete